As a Court-Related Agency, the Library strives to ensure that Maryland's judges and other judicial staff members possess the most relevant and current legal information possible. To meet this need, the Library provides several services specifically benefiting Judiciary customers, including:
- Management of Westlaw, the Judiciary's primary online legal research system.
- Management of the Judiciary's LexisNexis Digital Library collection.
- Access via transparent IP authentication on all JIS-networked computers to the HeinOnline, Making of Modern Law, LegalTrac and Index to Legal Periodicals databases
- Free scans and photocopies
- Lending of Library materials directly to any appellate judge or other state employee in Annapolis (pursuant to Md. Ann. Code, Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 13-504)
- Interlibrary loans of Library materials to Circuit Court Libraries for use by judicial staff
- Interlibrary loan requests to other libraries for materials unavailable at the State Law Library
- Management of judges' subscriptions to the Maryland Annotated Code
- A complete collection of reports issued by the State Justice Institute.