Maryland Code Research Sources
Current Maryland Code Volumes
A listing of all current volumes of the Maryland Annotated Code as published by Lexis/Michie.
Maryland Code Superseded Volumes
A master list of all superseded volumes of the Maryland Annotated Code published by Lexis/Michie since 1957.
Locating Superseded Maryland Code
- Official print volumes of all previous codifications and pocket parts
Library conference room.
- Maryland Code from 1996 -
Searchable from Maryland General Assembly's web site.
- Maryland Code from 1991 -
Searchable from Library public computers via WestlawNext.
- Maryland codes prior to 1940
Full-text PDF scans of codes and supplements available Maryland State Archives.
Locating Maryland Session Laws
- Library Conference Room
Print volumes of Laws of Maryland.
- Maryland State Archives
Scanned copies all print volumes. Limited search capability.
- HeinOnline Session Law Library
Scanned copies all print volumes. Searchable. Available on library public computers, ibrary WiFi and Maryland Judicary network.
- Maryland Commission to Revise the Annotated Code
The Commission issued several reports in the 1970's detailing the revisions of Articles from the 1957 Edition of the Maryland Code. Includes comprehensive Revisor's Notes, which explain changes made during the revision. Currently only available in print.
- Blame It All On Nero: Code Creation and Revision in Maryland
The Honorable Alan M. Wilner.
- History and Background of Code Revision
Maryland General Assembly, Department of Legislative Services.