Attorneys and Legal Professionals
The Maryland State Law Library, one of the largest public law libraries in the State, owns a comprehensive collection of legal materials, including several unique resources of interest to practitioners:
- An extensive array of continuing legal education (CLE) handbooks
- Historic Maryland legal treatises
- Current and superseded Maryland municipal codes
- Superseded volumes of the Maryland Annotated Code and Rules
- General Assembly legislative bill files from 1975 to 1998*
- Microfilm copies of appellate briefs and unpublished opinions from the Court of Special Appeals
- Free access at the Library to several different legal database tools
- Journal and Law Review Portal
- "Task Force" reports
Legal professionals may request a copy of an individual document by using a convenient online form. There is a nominal charge of $.50/page. Documents can be sent via email, fax or postal mail. We accept both Visa and MasterCard.
The Library is open 8 am to 4:30 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; 8 am to 9 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays; and 9 am to 4 pm on Saturdays. Its convenient public hours of operation ensure that legal professionals can find the information assistance they need.
The Library's sizeable staff collectively possesses well over a century of research experience and stands ready to assist you. To ask reference questions or to make other inquiries concerning the Library's services, please contact the Library's Reference Desk at 410-260-1430 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Bill files from 1996 forward are available at the Maryland Department of Legislative Services Library located at 90 State Circle Annapolis, Maryland 21401-1991